At the moment I am so into writing my essay for Collectors and Collecting module about the private collections of WW1 in Slovenia.
I am still brainstorming my research questions, but here are some of the finds, which could be really interesting to look into:
- Seven private collectors of WW1 items from Soča region (Kobarid county), whose collections are open for the public and many more collectors with closed collections.
- Only one museum that deals specifically with WW1, set up in 1990 by private founders. It is not a public museum, but a private institution, working as a public museum. The founders transferred the management to a non-profit company of limited liability, which still manages it. However, in 2011 it was put in the official register of Slovenian Museums.
- The point of war museums and private war collections.
- Differences in collections: what do they collect and how did they set up their collections vs. the museum collection.
- Differences in the activity of museums and private collections. Collaborations.
LIST OF PHOTOGRAPHS:
1. featured image: (1995) The Kobarid Museum. ⌈photograph⌋ Available from: http://register.prohereditate.com/en/museum/C0001/ ⌈Accessed 27 April 2017⌋.
One thought on “My interests for WW1 private collections”